Android TV boxes are the most useful and practical partner of your television. These plug-and-play boxes have the same OS that runs on millions of other devices such as smartphones, tablets, and many others. Anyone who knows how to operate a smartphone should easily be able to work with an Android TV box.
The eventual purpose is to get the content from the internet and display it on the TV. Equipped with numerous functions, these Android TV boxes will definitely keep you entertained while you can also search anything on the internet without dropping any sweat.
These boxes will help you play games, watch your favorite TV shows, or surf the Internet on your television. As these devices run on Android OS, they can be easily customized and that is precisely the reason why they have different launchers to initiate the device. In fact, it’s not very difficult to replace the launcher and choose the one that you like.
Furthermore, it’s important to know that popular media players such as Apple and Fire TV don’t offer flexibility like the Android TV boxes do. Having 100% access to all apps on the Android OS is like having a cherry on the cake. These powerful features add lots of color to your regular TV box.
If you’re not really a technical person, please understand that most of these boxes come with their own setup. This means that you don’t have to do much.
The manufacturers modify the Android operating system to add different features in order to increase the marketability of the product. Moving forward, let’s talk about 3 common boxes available in the market and what they have to offer.
Leelbox Q2 Mini
- The device comes with 2 GB memory and 8 GB ROM for smooth streaming of apps
- Dual channel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that comes with an Amlogic S905X Quad Core chip
- With 3-D and 4K support, you will receive cinema-level quality in your living room
- It comes with the latest Android operating system
- Top-notch infrared remote control
- Comes with 2 USB ports to connect with your mouse and the keyboard
- The buffering process is extremely smooth
- The box comes with a warranty
- It comes with a lot of storage which helps you store pictures, videos and more
- It is lightweight, small, and well-designed
- BT 4.0 is an awesome feature that allows the use of mini keyboard and a headset to fully enjoy the TV box
- Installing the product is a slightly longer process
- You can’t play the video directly off the USB and the micro SD
- The price is a bit too much for the features that it offers
- SMALLRT X2 is a compact unit that is easy to carry especially while traveling
- The movie and games are played in 4K Ultra HD
- Comes with the perfect combo of Android marshmallow 6.0 and a Penta-Core HD Graphics GPU
- Comes with Amlogic S905X chipset, which is a more advanced and certainly better version of the original S905 chipset
- The device comes with a learning remote with several shortcut buttons
- The menus on the remote are easy to navigate
- The box experience suits the power user who surfs the internet frequently
- Comes with a whole lot of pre-installed apps that are very useful
- Supports external hard drive and a large micro SD card
- Powerful H.265 decoding will help load the pictures by taking less time with better utilization of bandwidth
- Being smaller than an average network router, it’s of perfect size
- SMALLRT X2 is a really good product with no major con
Smart TV Box U2C Z Plus
- Say goodbye to slow download speeds because the device is equipped with a dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz wifi
- Enhanced picture quality with 4K Ultra HD
- There is no dearth of memory here as the combination of 2GB DDR3 RAM with 16GB eMMC works really well
- Enhanced compatibility with the latest Android applications
- Support for expandable SD storage space and more number of USB devices
- The price is quite attractive and affordable
- Android v7.1.1 ensures a slick interface
- Compact and easy to carry
- Fast Amlogic S912 CPU that performs really well
- The remote control is not really useful and could have been better designed
- The box doesn’t have enough ventilation and the CPU temperature can rise up
- The default Android app launcher is a little sluggish
Android TV boxes work really well. They are available in all kinds of sizes, shapes and price brackets. Better specifications are being introduced in the market with each passing second.
We’ve discussed three of the very best Android TV boxes in the market today. Each one has a certain strong advantage going in its favor. Yet, with unmatched features and convenience, SMALLRT X2 sits right at the top of the heap.
SMALLRT X2 is a graphics powerhouse with superb technical specifications to get the most out of your Android TV box. The interface is slick. The controller and the remote control fits comfortably in the hand. The media player works really well and you’ll never face any problem with buffering.
In fact, there are not many options available in the market that can match the same level of performance at this price point. It is just pure value for money.
There is no doubt that different manufacturers develop distinct designs and features to help the end user. Sometimes, there is not much that you can choose between the top devices. However, if you’re choosing between these three, SMALLRT X2 is the way to go. It offers great value and amazing experience at a fair price.
It’s a great device for music, games, internet, streaming media and any other similar tasks that you are looking to accomplish. You can also customize your ecosystem as per your own preference. Give it a shot and you will not be disappointed.